View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 12:40 AM   #105
Izulde
Head Coach

Around 2 am now. The beach forays were rather fun, even though the girls all ignored me in favour of the other guys. Not that I blame them. With my hairy face and out-of-shape body, there's very few girls who find me appealing, especially when contrasted against the chiseled and sleek physiques of the athletes I lead.

But I'm not going to dwell on that. No, I'm just going to nab the day's scores via email.

Saturday June 18, 2004

Racine 6
Miami 2

WP: Wenceslao Martinez (3-0)
LP: Cristian Chapa (1-4)

Secrets GM/manager Tim Moungey returned to the team today and showed the shrewdness of his judgement on the GM side of things as one of the players he traded for defeated a player he sent away. Martinez went 7 and 2/3 innings, giving up 2 ER and walking 5 while sitting 7. Chapa, on the other hand, lasted 6 and 2/3, surrendering 4 ER and going an even 2 and 2 in walks and strikeouts. DH Scotty Harper was the offensive man for Racine, getting 3 RBIs in the contest.

Boston 5
Memphis 2

WP: Charles Arango (1-1)
LP: Toney Kittleson (3-3)
S: Gabriel Perras (1)

Arango was dominating in this outing, going a complete 8 innings, allowing 2 earned runs and walking 2 while punching out 6. Kittleson was blasted for 5 R, 4 earned, over 6 innings, including 3 homeruns. Adding insult to injury, he also had his first error of the season. Burgundys LF Francis Ginn knocked in 3 RBIs to pace Boston.

Minneapolis 3
Seattle 0

WP: Mario Troyer (1-4)
LP: Lee Estes (0-5)

In a battle of winless pitchers, Troyer dazzled, pitching a three-hitter complete game shutout and walking just 1 while taking down 5. Estes continues to struggle and there are rumours of his being shipped out of town to the Secrets, whose scouts believe that he's better than his winless record and 6.49 ERA suggest. Speaking of Racine, leading the way for the Lumberjacks was former Secret 3B George Capra with all 3 RBIs for Minneapolis.

New Orleans 6
San Diego 7

WP: Charles Thole (1-0)
LP: Keith Fiorentino (1-1)

The Bishops narrowly avoided the upset in this 10-inning fight when 2B Bryan Prioleau hit a solo shot in the bottom of the 10th to give San Diego the win. C Daniel Alvarez also was crucial, contributing 4 RBIs for the victors.

***End E-mail***

...We have interest in Estes? That's news to me.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote