View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 12:46 AM   #110
Izulde
Head Coach

A few days later, we're at our home park for a game against Boston. I hate playing at home, but only because of how terrible our record is here.

In any event, Cortada versus Lobdell.

Let's cleat it up.

It's a strikeout pitchers' duel until the bottom of the 4th, when The Japanese Catcher Who Missed Catching A Ball And Ruined A Second Inning Strikeout hits a sacrifice fly to score Blazing With The Bat And A 10-Game Hitting Streak Bennie. 1-0 Racine.

In the bottom of the 7th, we get a change in sea creatures pitching for Boston, as Lobster Lobdell Who Finished With 10 Ks is replaced by The Relieving Fish.

Damn it! In the 8th, Dictator Noriega, who is the PR for I forget who just now, is driven home by The Amazing-Armed Catcher Sevier with a double after Murky Melvin commits an astonishing and rare error at first base to even let on the first man in the first place. 1-1 tie. I'm leaving Cortada in there, though.

Fish is replaced midway through our side of the 8th by Perras and after a Katamor single is replaced by Timothy "Gload" Wickline.

****! John Slow Ass Bahr shows why he's leading the league in doubles as he tears a two-bagger off to score Saint Rosado. 2-1 Boston. Damn damn damn!!

Demarco Who I Think Is The Boston Closer comes on in the bottom of the 9th. Sensational Salinas, Super Boy, and Clutch God are our last hopes. Since they tend to be clutch, I decide not to send in Carmelo.

...1-2, Clutch God single, 3.

A depressing as hell loss, one that mathematically eliminates us from winning the division title.

Damn it! I hate playing at home! I hate it, hate it, hate it!!!

Snarling, I grab the Gatorade jug and hurl it on to the field before running after it and kicking it across the grass.

I look like a ****ing idiot, but I don't care!

I don't ****ing care!

I hate this loss!

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote