View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 12:47 AM   #111
Izulde
Head Coach

I just want this season to end. I didn't bother to check the scores last night. I don't care what they were... don't care how anybody else did. Just let it be over.

Another home game this time against the East Division leader Vices. Yeah, we'll lose. We never win at home, heh.

...Or maybe we can. It's a rematch of Chapa versus Martinez. Anyway, let's play.

****ing hell. We're dead. In the very first inning, Still Angry Zimmerman smacks an RBI double that scores 3 people. 3-0 Miami. And to think he'd been hitting .091 against us before that.

In the third I'm Not Mayan Maya adds to the damage with an RBI double. 4-0 Miami.

...And P.O.Z. gets his fourth RBI of the day with a followup double. 5-0 Miami. That's enough. I pick a pitcher at random and send out Lecompte.

Heh. Calhoun knocks an RBI single at the next at-bat. 6-0 Vices. I'm hoping for a chance to go argue a call so I can get tossed out of this travesty.

And he adds another one to the total in the... ah hell, I don't even care what inning it is anymore. 7-0 Miami. Oh. Fifth.

We ruin the Former Secret, Now Asshat Number Two Vices Starter's shutout bid in the bottom of the fifth after Taylor gets a sac groundout. 7-1 and I don't give a damn.

Little-Used Weller gets to tack on another appearance in the 6th.

I stop paying all that much attention for the rest of the game. We got within 7-4 at one point, but then they dashed off another 3 runs to make it 10-4 and we wound up losing 10-5.

...Yeah, this is really turning out to be a great way to close out the season.

Numbly, I watch as the Vices pour out on to the field whooping and hollering, pounding each other on the back. You guessed it... with this win, they've officially won the East Division title and will face San Diego in the inagural River Series.

Chapa sends his middle finger in our direction, shouting at us.

"That's right you ****ers, I'm going to the River Series, so you can all kiss my white ass!"

...Kicking it sounds like more fun, and that thought seems to simultaneously occur as all the Secrets look at one another, nod, and charge en masse out to the mound.

And in front of our homecrowd, we engage in a melee brawl. Blood and fists spray everywhere.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote