View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 03:46 AM   #1
larrymcg421
Head Coach

TCY Kentucky 2004: Cloud of Dust

In searching for a very tough TCY challenge, I tried to pick a team that met this criteria...

1) Low intitial Academic Prestige
2) Low initial Team Prestige
3) In a tough conference.
4) From a somewhat small state, to make recruiting more difficult.
5) Hasn't been used in too many other dynasties.

I settled on Kentucky. They seemed to fit this criteria the best. On top of that, here are the additional rules I set...

1) I can only recruit players from Kentucky, West Virginia, and Tennessee. This can be expanded in several ways:

Any small state (single digit electoral votes) can be added if I have a winning season.
Another small state can be added if I beat Louisville.
A medium state (10-19 electoral votes) can be added with a bowl victory or an appearance in the SEC championship.
An elite state (20+ electoral votes) can be added with a victory in a million dollar payout bowl or a conference championship.

I will add states that are closest to me and spread out from there.

2) I can only recruit players that have an SAT score of 1000. The only exception is a player that idolizes my school.

3) I can only visit/call a player once per week.

4) I can only make one staff change per season (unless more than one person retires of course.)

5) Time Management: I can't simply set everyone to 50 study the first couple years to increase the academic reputation. There is a limit of 30 for scholarship players and 35 for walk-ons.

6) And the most important challenge of all: No passing. I cannot gameplan a single pass play. We will run, run, run. I will set 100% for all running situations. Since I know passes will still be called from time to time, I will also set my passing distances to 100% for screen passes. If you're gonna throw it bitch, it will be behind the line of scrimmage.

Other settings:

Difficulty: All-Star
Hire/Fire Coaches: Yes
Include Suspensions: Yes
Use Bowl System: Yes
Random Reputations: No
Solecismic 8: Montana (Using a Montana school list that I love)

I have no idea how this dynasty will turn out. I fully expect to get creamed and eventually fired. But it should be excruciating fun!

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 09-15-2006 at 04:56 AM.
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote