View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 03:04 PM   #18
QuikSand
lolzcat

Ok, ready to play. Depth charts, gameplans, and so forth all in staff hands. I'm just trying to build a roster, at least for now. S Jones continues to play at MLB, for what it's worth, I'm not manually fixing it. WR Worthy, our top pick, steps in as our top PR/KR, that seems like a good use of a top ten pick, sure.

Preseason is uneventful. I'm guessing we stay around 6-10, losing that much WR talent was a big blunder.

We actually start off pretty well (we started 4-2 last season before collapsing) and we hold the division lead at 4-3. 7 games in and RB Patrick Laird, our camp breakout guy, has 450 yards already. WRs Williams (587) and Worthy (499) are both humming along as we remain in the Bruce Arians offense, it seems. DE Leonard Williams is a major factor for our D (and I feel bad for signing him before I realized the maxsal numbers were such a problem).

Small thing... in-season, after I click "Simulate Week" the game immediately jumps to the next week's matchups. I can't see standings, or even records next to the teams in the previews. So, I need to back out of that menu and open up standings to see who won the game. Again, not a huge deal, but making me work for it more than seems intuitive. Wouldn't you think a lot of GMs want to do what I'm doing... sim the week, and immediately see how our game went?

However... we fade. First to 5-6, then 6-7, and then ultimately to 6-10.

Code:
Week 1 New Orleans Saints Miami Dolphins NO 14 Mia 10 Week 2 Oakland Raiders Miami Dolphins Oak 42 Mia 17 Week 3 Miami Dolphins Kansas City Chiefs Mia 28 KC 24 Week 4 Miami Dolphins New York Jets Mia 35 NYJ 22 Week 5 Miami Dolphins Buffalo Bills Mia 13 Buf 26 Week 6 New York Jets Miami Dolphins NYJ 3 Mia 13 Week 7 Atlanta Falcons Miami Dolphins Atl 21 Mia 24 Week 8 Los Angeles Chargers Miami Dolphins LA 27 Mia 24 Week 9 Miami Dolphins Tampa Bay Buccaneers Mia 20 TB 17 Week 11 New England Patriots Miami Dolphins NE 31 Mia 24 Week 12 Indianapolis Colts Miami Dolphins Ind 9 Mia 6 Week 13 Miami Dolphins Baltimore Ravens Mia 25 Bal 28 Week 14 Miami Dolphins Carolina Panthers Mia 26 Car 9 Week 15 Miami Dolphins New England Patriots Mia 17 NE 20 Week 16 Buffalo Bills Miami Dolphins Buf 30 Mia 17 Week 17 Miami Dolphins Denver Broncos Mia 20 Den 28

So, there we are. Another early draft pick, but the team is starting to come into focus, as is the game.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote