View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 11:14 PM   #8
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have a barbeque home to celebrate Leon’s return. The next day Hop announces me as a rival and offers battle. Let’s do it to it!

Punch Monkey vs Wooloo his sheep. Scratch! Tackle back. Again! It repeats. Once more with feeling! Fainted. level up! We learn a move called Branch Poke. Here comes his Sobble. I use Branch Poke. He pounds first. I get a super effective hit with type. Again! Growl vs Branch Poke. Down rival. Bye Hop! You’d better, ummmm, hop to getting some better Pokémon…

Another level now we are rocking 7. I also pocket a cool 400 pokecash. Leon tells me to do a good jorb as Hop’s rival, and heals up my Punch Monkey. We are tasked with heading to a local research lab and grabbed a Pokedex.

The wooloo tacking the fence finished and it’s broken! Hop and I head in to follow! We have to saves it!

Welcome to the Slumbering Weald

We are in dark woods. We encounter a wild Skwovet, a squirrely looking thang. I’ve no Pokeballs, so just kill and move. Hop heals Grookey. We find another few locals and defeat them. I pass through some nasty white mist.

Whoa! Hello big giant wolf pokemon! I’m fighting but its ??? and no known level. Alright. Branch Poke! No effect. Scratch? No effect. Mist enshrouds the battlefield. Growl, no effect. Mist whitens and the battle passes.

It clears and the mist does too, no giant wolf. Here comes Leon to save the day. Leon finds the missing pokemon with his Charizard. We tell Leon and he tells of legends of a powerful Pokemon here.

We leave the Slumbering Weald behind.

I tell mother that I am heading out to grab the Pokedex. She hands me cash and 5 Pokeballs.

Back to Route 1 .Hello Hop!

I head into the grass and fight a wild Rookidee. It’s a small flyer, level 3. I scratch it. Again! It’s deep red. I use PokeBall.

Welcome to the team:

Rookidee, which I have nicknamed “Parliament.”

That’s an in-joke to two things. One, a group of Rooks are referred to as a parliament. It’s also the name of a Neil Gaiman issue in the Sandman series.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote