View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 08:57 AM   #209
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2019 Selection Sunday

Alabama gets the 4th seed in the NCAA West Region and will open up against 13th seed Air Force.

Kansas gets the 6th seed in the NCAA West Region and will open up against the winner of a First Four game between UTEP and St. Mary's.

UCLA gets majorly snubbed, as they get the 2nd, yes I said it, the 2nd seed in the NCAA South Region. They'll open up against 15th seed Mercer.

Kentucky gets the 3rd seed in the NCAA South Region and will open up against 14th seed Robert Morris.

Duke gets the 5th seed in the NCAA East Region and will open up against 12th seed Drexel.

Monmouth gets a pleasant surprise, getting the 6th seed in the NIT Midwest Region, and they'll open up by travelling to 3rd seed Niagara. (Remember, I've bumped the NIT back up to 40 teams, so the format has changed. The 1 and 2 seeds in each region get byes into the region quarterfinals. Hope that makes sense).

Stanford gets the 3rd seed in the NIT South Region and will open up by hosting 6th seed Old Dominion. A couple years ago they won the NIT, can they do it again?

And that, my friends, is it. 7, count em, 7 of our 24 FOFC teams made a postseason tournament. Monmouth and Duke are newcomers to the postseason (keep in mind Dean Hoo has only been at Duke for 2 seasons now) but still a hugely disappointing effort. Again, another reason I'm bumping some coach prestiges up to 11.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote