View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 07:21 AM   #139
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Still preparing for the programming lockdown. With about 8 days left before the beginning of the "week-of-code", I'm making good progress towards being ready.

The hardest part is grinding through all the play creation. I underestimated how much discipline it takes to write the hundreds of plays I need just to have the basic playbooks in place. I've powered my way through half of the offensive packages so far. I'm pretty sure I'll get it done before the code week starts, but it's really a grind.

I've also started dabbling in screen design (to break up the monotony of play design). I though it would be nice to have all the screens laid out before next week so I can spend the whole week on functionality. As you can see from the player profile screen, I'm starting to inch my way towards a nicer looking style. Not there yet, but it's getting closer.

I'm also trying to limit the overall number of screens by adding functionality into other screens whenever possible. In the player profile screen you'll get the contract negotiation panel if it's appropriate, instead of opening up a new screen for it. Always trying to limit screens and keep it as simple as possible.

List Update:

Here's what I can get done before the lockdown:
  • DONE Create all the offensive and defensive player packages
  • Create a bunch of plays (40+) for each package 3/6 Offense Done. 0/6 Defense Done
  • Create all the package specific playbooks
  • Create different coach profiles and style
  • Start the player progression system

Here's the lockdown list: (to be updated as we get closer)
  • Design and implement player trading and the trade block Screen Design Done
  • DONE Create the draft pick tracking system, so you can trade picks
  • Create a team management screen Basic Screen Laid Out
  • Create screens and AI to support player contract renegotiation Screen Started
  • Design and implement free agency
  • Implement the college draft
  • Tighten up all the screens and make sure everything works
Attached Images
File Type: jpg playerProfile.jpg (229.7 KB, 28 views)