View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 05:37 PM   #384
Radii
Head Coach

2014/15 Recruiting Preview

We've only got two scholarships this year, and two players graduating:

SG Arzelle Cooper - 81 OVR - Starter, key player

SF Wendell house - 77 OVR - Starter, key player

so the bad news is that I'm losing what are likely my two most important players. The good news is that I have a lot of depth and talent. I won't be rated 83 OVR next year probably, but give my young big men another year of development, put Lamkin and Lufkin in the starting lineup where Cooper and House are, and we'll still be very good.

I love my 4 big men and none are seniors. So I'm not recruiting any big men. I have lots of average players in my backcourt who could easily be outdone by a high quality recruit, so that's where I'm aiming.

So anyway, I'm aiming high. Probably too high:

My two scholarship offers:

5* SG Lelan Acasio - #16 OVR, #4 SG from Toronto, Canada. I don't expect to land him, and there's no way that i can by the early signing period. But he has the 'foreigner' feel to him. He likes Clemson and St John's and Marshall...he rates playing time higher than playing at a big program. Someone will probably come steal him, I've only got him to 70% so far. But we have a *lot* of backup targets, so its all good.

4* PG Ben Cannon - #69 OVR/#32 PG - Fort Wayne, IN - Again he doesn't care about a big program, so we have a shot. He does want to stay close to home, so if Indiana comes calling, we lose. But perhaps we can compete with Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan State as far as location goes, and we've shown early and concentrated interest. In fact, we've got him up to 87%. We've used all 3 visits, but we haven't done a campus invite yet, with still 3 weeks to go til the early signing period. We're aiming a little high here but I think we've got at least a shot.

If we don't land these guys, our next top target is Mr Basketball in Ohio, a 3* SF who really looks kinda average but we'd gladly spend a scholarship for a coaching point.

We also have a 4* PG backup that we'd go after if he doesn't have any offers by the time the early signing period is over.

And lastly, we have 3 3* guys up near 80% based on recruiting them as juniors. None have offers yet and if they don't go early we would have great shots at them.

Really if we can't land one of these guys that are a bit out of our league(ok, a lot out of our league for the 5* guy), we're just looking to grab the best 3* guys we can and hoping someone comes in rated a bit higher than expected. If they don't, great, more depth.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote