View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 08:06 AM   #74
BYU 14
Coordinator

This is my current standard competitive Mardu deck right now. Made some tweaks to get it faster. So far promising, 23-4 in testing including 4-1 with the alternate version.

Creatures
4 Seeker of the Way
4 Goblin Rabblemaster (alternate 4 Bloodsoaked Champion, even faster)
4 Butcher of the Horde

Planeswalkers
2 Sarkhan the Dragonspeaker
2 Sorin Solemn Visitor

Spells
3 Hordeling Outburst
2 Raise the Alarm
3 Chained to the Rocks
4 Crackling Doom
4 Lightning Strike
2 Magma Jet
1 Murderous Cut
1 Stoke the Flames

Lands
2 Battlefield Forge
2 Temple of Triumph
3 Bloodstained Mire
2 Caves of Koilos
6 Mountain
4 Nomad Outpost
1 Plains
1 Swamp (drop the plain and run 2 Swamp with the BSC version)
2 Temple of Malice
1 Temple of Silence

Sideboard
2 Elspeth Suns Champion
1 Chandra Pyromaster
2 Read the Bones
2 Anger of the Gods
2 Utter End
1 Glare of Heresy
1 Suspension Field
2 End Hostilities
2 Dictate of Erebos
(Also run an alternate version with 2 Hushwing Gryff instead of Read the Bones depending. Haven't decide which to keep yet)

Adding the Raise the Alarm makes it faster as I can usually get something out on turn 2 every game now. Bloodsoaked Champion is a 1 drop, so I can a first turn creature down, but have to draw a Bloodstained Mire, Swamp or Cave of Koilos to do so, which is not always a guarantee.

Still not sure I will run with Bloodsoaked or Goblin Rabblemaster (a 3 drop), which has been underwhelming for me as people try and deal with it quick, so I usually get 1 token for it. Even when it does get pumped from multiple tokens, it can be blocked by a 2 toughness creature, no matter how big it's power gets. So to use Rabblemaster effectively I have to use removal to have it run unopposed, which isn't always possible on turn 3/4. With Bloodsoaked Champion's raid ability I can bring him back for 2 mana after he gets killed, so it can still be a factor late game for 2 damage, or a sacrifice to trigger Butcher's abilities, but it can't block so I lose that.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote