View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 01:27 PM   #24
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I arrive at Paniola Town

I run into Hau and he wants to fight. Okay.

I lead with Jelly Baby. Him with Pikachu. Poison Gas vs his Quick Attack. Bite v his Electro Ball. He is ko’d. He is about to send out Brionne, the eloved version of his starter Poplio I leave in Jelly Baby. Poison Gas. Uh oh, I am getting Z Moved. Breakneck Blitz. Didn’t kill me though. Poisoned. Bite. I’m almost dead. I switch to Ms. Happy. My foe uses Aqua Jet. Air Cutter! Done. We have KOd his starter. Both my pokies level up. I replace Acid Spray with Minimize.

He gives me a Dire Hit post combat. It’s an equip item that hit through auras on Totems and others

This town is layed out a bit like a old west town. I find a PC and heal up. Then post battle I buy 5 net balls, I head to the Paniola Ranch

Ranch Trainer #1 – Grimer vs Carbink. I swap with Ms. Happy. (Rock is strong vs Poison and Fairy strong vs Dark so there’s no angle of attack there). It takes a while, but we finish the Carbink. Magnets levels.

I am invited into a pasture as a Trial Goer. I am wearing the badge. Mallow is here with some Miltank and Tauros. I get Stoutland registered to my ride pager, so I can now call and ride a Stoutland, in addition to Toutus. It can sniff out special items in the dirt. Just press B while riding.

I summon the Stoutland to ride around.

Ranch Trainer #2 – Grimer vs Mudbray. That’s a donkey looking Pokemon. I like it a lot. Poison Gas. Crap it knows Bulldoze and almost killed Jelly Baby in one hit. I switch to Ms, Happy. She;s flying, which should help. I try Air Cutter and it works for normal damage. Again. Fainted Mudbray.

I move Ms. Happy to the front of the queue

I move into some grass here to see what I can see, and here’s a Mudbray! I send out Magents to paralyze it, but it’s immune so it has to be ground. It smashes me hard. I then use Supersonic to confuse it. Magnet Bomb! Great Ball! Captured!!!

Meet our Level 14 Mudbray, Ground only, “Jack” (The name fo a male Donkey is a Jack)

I find another Zygarde Cube creature.

I’ve been taking down some other creatures here, led my Ms. Happy. And I’m not seeing me get a good Pokemon from this. The Oricoro seems to be more of a team player type style with Helping Hand and Baton Pass. Nothing good is happening. I don’t see her as something that is giving anything to my team right now, and soon, I suspect I’m benching her.

There’s a building back in the back here. It has a computer and I bench my Oricorio This is a Nursery. They won’t level up, but they will hang out and spawn. She gives me an egg. A nearby person gives me TM10 Hidden Power

Ranch Trainer #3 – He tosses a Sableeye vs my Buzzers, the Cutiefly. Draining Kiss. Again! One more time. Downed Sableeye.

I move Feathers back in front

I find an Amulet Coin and give it to my starter. It increases the cash we make from battles

Brooklet Hill is north and Royal Avenue south…

Feathers levels up to 24 and wants to learn the move Pluck. It replaces Peck. It’s a stronger flying move

Ranch Trainer #4 – Lillipup is out first. I Pluck it. Tackle next. One down. Growlithe is next. That’s fire and that’s not good for my grass starter. I send out Dame Pokesy and Water Gun it. Again! Victory is ours.

There are a pair of Sudowoodo in the south path cutting it off in the road. North it is!

Hello Route 5

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote