View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 05:06 AM   #61
Izulde
Head Coach

Michigan came calling today, more specifically their School of Information, which is interesting from the reading I'm doing.

I have to admit, the idea of becoming a Policy Analyst is certainly an intriguing one, because it plays to my strengths in writing and, most importantly, I'd feel like I was having some type of positive effect and contribution to the world.

I've decided not to pursue Stanford's MBA as a fallback option because, yeah, I could see myself doing damn well in business and all that, but I also see myself being one of those guys who gets frustrated with the emptiness of it all and changing careers at 40 to something much more fulfilling and meaningful, like teaching. (Of course, they also usually end up being some of the best teachers I've had, which is an interesting phenomenon).

But I don't want to change careers mid-stream in life. I want to feel like I'm doing something meaningful or working towards something meaningful from the beginning.

Something that will leave an effect on the world, a worthwhile effect, no matter how small the ripple.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote