View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 12:59 PM   #74
Izulde
Head Coach

Cap Ologist:

Barkeep49: Thanks It's funny, when I was a kid, the running family joke was that I didn't want to screw up in school or I'd end up at the local community college. Lo and behold, in 2002, after getting kicked out of two universities for academics, guess where I ended up? Yep, the community college.

And it turned out to be just the thing I needed. I got my head straightened out there, kicked some serious ass, and I've been doing well ever since. What amazed me was just how good quite a few of the instructors were and while my fellow students weren't as book-smart as you'd find at a university, many of them were older and had wisdom that your typical late-teens/early-20s undergrad doesn't have the life experience to possess yet. They also had a much stronger desire to learn and were willing to work a lot harder.

My family gained a whole new respect for the community college setup as a result of my experiences there and I'd like to someday be in the position to help somebody like me along the way, someone who's capable of advanced scholarship but got lost along the way and is working their way back up.

Even if that situation never occurs, I'd like to teach the students I do have, if not to discover a love for reading and literature, at least to appreciate its value and what it can add to their lives. This in addition to the business writing courses I'd imagine would be part and parcel of it as well, and which I'd be presumably qualified for given my own associate's in Marketing

st. cronin: Yeah, UF is a seriously good school, in my opinion. I'm trying to beat the Jan. 15th deadline, which isn't going to be easy, and admittedly, my chances of getting in may not be the best, but I'm going to try anyway. I'd be happy to get into any of the three schools, to be honest.

RPI-Fan: UT-Austin.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote