View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 10:07 PM   #98
Izulde
Head Coach

March 31st was a big, big day.

According to the Arkansas website, that's the day when the priority list for teaching assistantships is finalized. Those with the highest scores will receive notification of their acceptance and their assistantship "shortly after that date". Also shortly after that date will be notified those who are admitted, but didn't ask for a teaching assistantship (which most certainly is -not- me) and those who have been rejected for admission.

Those who don't get an assistantship right away get put on an essential waiting list and given notifications of assistantships as they become available, some as late as mid-summer.

So, whether that means they'll notify everyone of admittance or rejection relatively soon and then let those who are on the waiting list for assistantships know of their awards as the months progress, or whether those who are admitted, but still waiting on an assistantship won't be notified until the assistantship becomes available, I'm not sure. And to be honest, I'm a little gunshy about e-mailing, since Oregon State is -still- silent on the e-mail I sent them asking about when applicants could expect to hear back, since I couldn't find that info on the website at all.

All I know is, if I -do- hear from Arkansas soon, I hope it's not a rejection, because I'd be seriously crushed if that happened. I'll be honest, this last semester has been the roughest I've had since probably that first, dark year of college, for a variety of reasons.

But I just keep telling myself that I should hear -something- from at least one school by the end of the month, if not more and that I've got 6 weeks to go to graduation.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote