View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #305
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Summer League – Aberdeen vs CRC

For the third year in a row, the CRC/Aberdeen matchup was extremely close. In fact, I thought we were going to lose due to the lack of older swimmers and because we were out touched in 3 consecutive fly races…losing by less than .5 seconds each time. However, we somehow won the meet 403 to 393…

Here’s how the kids did…

------------------------------------------------------------
Bailey

200 Medley Relay - Didn’t get to see the Medley Relay, but they didn’t do particularly well. The coach screwed around with the lineup to get a different girl in and she moved some strong swimmers to weaker strokes and the team ended up being much slower…they finished third anyway – so it didn’t matter.

100 IM – A loaded heat, Bailey, Rayley, MK, along with Haley and Emily from Aberdeen. All year-round swimmers. MK Won going away – breaststroke proved to be the big difference, Rayley pulled away from Bailey and Haley in the free to take second and Bailey took third beating Haley by a full second. She posted a 1:17.31

50 Fly – Again a strong field…Kate and Caroline from CRC and Meg (another year rounder from Aberdeen). Kate won by a couple seconds, Meg finished second and Caroline just out touched Bailey. Bailey’s big issue is she’s underwater too long. Technically it is the right play, but in these races she needs to get to the surface a bit quicker. If she does at county I’m guessing at least a .5 second improvement.

200 Free Relay – Led off, and stayed with both the A relay swimmers from CRC and Aberdeen. Was less than half a body length behind. Team still finished third. Bailey had the same issue here at Fly…too long underwater. She’s just not strong enough underwater to keep up yet…

------------------------------------------------------
Bear

200 Medley Relay – wasn’t there to see it…but my understanding from talking with people who were, Bear was able to open up the lead slightly from the one handed to him by Brett, but the typical Freestyler was out and the boy that filled in wasn’t very good and gave up the lead by the 25 yard turn. They ended up losing by 3 seconds.

100 IM – Bear had no shot to win…the Aberdeen swimmer who did win could win at county too…Bear did do very well though posting 1:21.65, a full second improvement over two weeks ago…Finished a second overall and a full 4 seconds ahead of third.

50 Fly – Bear’s fly looks so much better. He was the first of the 3 straight fly swimmers out touched at the wall mentioned above. His biggest downfall was his turn, much slower than his opponent and it cost him. He was able to close on the back half but lost by .2. Did swim a 36.75…

200 Free Relay – Led off and opened a 2 body length lead, but the same kid that anchored the Medley relay was passed in the second leg and Brett and Riley came up .6 seconds short of catching Aberdeen…

-------------------------------------------------
Brett

200 Medley Relay – from what I was told, Brett was half a body length behind at the dive, and was 2 body lengths up at the wall…

50 Free – Mediocre swim for Brett, was hoping for more…but 32.6 area is what he posted. I’m sure fatigue from practice a couple of hours before plays a part here.

50 Breast – Brett got in trouble for screwing around prior to this race, and he was moping a bit. In fact, he said he wasn’t going to swim, but I told him that wasn’t an option….he did swim and won going away. Again a mediocre time, he finished in 39.83…I was hoping for a 37 level swim.

200 Free – Brett was 3 to 4 body lengths behind when he dove in. He cut it some, but not enough….
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote