View Single Post
Old 11-07-2020, 07:46 AM   #7549
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
CNN admitted with the pending lawsuits and Trump's misinformation on the election they're slower to make the final call.

I haven't heard that.

Instead, I'm hearing below. I know there is truth in both statements but I really believe the below, by itself, is disingenuous. CNN should just say both and I am sure many will understand.

Quote:
It's four days after Election Day, and CNN has not yet projected who will win.

Here's how CNN projections work: There's a team of dedicated statistical analysts that helps decide when CNN can make a call on election results, CNN's political director David Chalian explains.

"All they do is, every single time vote comes in from one of these states, they plug it into their models and their formulas, trying to ascertain a very high level of confidence," in the results so that whoever is the number two person in these contests doesn't have a real possibility to overtake the number one person, Chalian said.

The reason why CNN is not projecting the results in states like Georgia, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Arizona, "it's because of the math and getting to the highest level of confidence before any projection is made," Chalian added.