View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 11:31 AM   #15
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

Thanks for the comments, encouragement, advice, and laughs. It's good to see some of you following along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
lol @ puritan conference. good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
I laughed as well. Will be following along.

I really wish this would get updated..... BBCF just never really did much for me

Thanks! I thought about naming it the Bay State League, but Puritan Conference made me laugh, too. I could change it someday, but for now I kinda like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
You have a sizable recruiting advantage by getting lucky with the academic dice rolls. Be sure to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Good point - I had to house rule myself away from stacking the deck on the education side of things, because once you get your academic rep up, you pretty much own any of the academic desire recruits. And TCY has WAY more of them than there are in real life.

I think I already began to see a little bit of my advantage as I put together my first recruiting class. For now, I think it only serves to help cancel out the crap job I do with recruiting because I'm new. I hope to one day be in a position to have to impose a house rule to limit my success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
That is a...rough offensive line. Nice to have two solid DE's though. Been a long while since I've fired up TCY...maybe it's time to dust that puppy off and get back into it.

Good luck

I'd never heard of it; I didn't think there was a college football game at all, and now it appears that there are two. I think I've already gotten $9.95 worth of fun out of TCY, so I'm pleased with my purchase.

As it turned out, I had THREE defensive ends who could do some work, and my quarterback paid the price for that offensive line's inability to keep him on his feet.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote