View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 07:45 PM   #351
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Free agents signing is too easy

it seems liek you can grab all the good free agents in the offseason before the amatuer draft.

seems like you can sign higher than the cash you have on hand too. and player will accept it and sign with you.

or just give them what they ask for and you get the player.

i just sign Barry Bonds and Albert Pujols as free agent.

i wish you can submitt a bid like in ootp.
You must be playing with a big-market team, or aren't paying attention to your budget. I don't think people fully are grasping the impact of finances in this game. It is HUGE. In the current test league I'm running, the Yankees haven't missed the playoffs in over 20 years, the Mets have missed once in the last 15, and the Angels haven't had a losing record in 30 years. On the other end of the spectrum, the Brewers have lost 100+ games in 21 of the last 22 seasons, and the Devil Rays have passed the century mark in losses for 24 straight seasons. Point being, this game is different from OOTP in that the constraint isn't the market, but your own financial situation--which probably mirrors real-life baseball a little better, anyway. You don't really see many FA bidding wars these days.