View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 09:33 PM   #357
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
Did you realize that Clay wants to go gold in less than a week?

Anyone who has done a significant amount of beta testing understands the changes that can happen over a couple weeks (or even a single week). I have no idea if the game will end up being good or not, but people coming here shocked that there are actually still major bugs in the beta is the reason why most companies have non-disclosure agreements and closed beta testing. Over the years I've probably beta tested close to a hundred games and very few didn't have major bugs going in to the final days of the beta.

I think a lot of people are looking at this as a preview copy or something, that's not the purpose of the beta. Beta testing is really hard work for both the developer and the testers. While Ben is giving us all a preview of the game, I'm sure he's also spending a lot of time and effort in finding problems and helping Clay figure out what's causing the problems. That's what a beta tester is supposed to do (at least that's what the companies I beta tested for expected). It's also why I have turned down a lot of offers to beta test in the last few years, because it's way too much work.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote