View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 02:48 AM   #320
Izulde
Head Coach

Just saw Match Point at the budget theatre tonight.

I'm not necessarily a big Woody Allen fan, and I went into this with very low expectations, which may account for the fact that I came away thinking it was a great movie overall.

My rating out of 10 is 8.5. The acting was very good and the cinematography, oh man! It was the best I'd seen since Road to Perdition (I'm a huge Conrad L. Hall mark and his death saddened me). The movements of the camera to me were really graceful and elegant, allowing for a deep, intense, personal connection with the characters.

The plot was also very good overall, imo. The points that dragged it down? The last section of the film lacked in smooth polish and tension of the earlier parts of the movie and I think more could have been done with it. That last bloc felt really rushed to me, which was disappointing.

Also, while the script was good taken as a whole, some of the lines seemed too predictable or too forced in humour.

Still, I'd say with everything taken together, it was one of my favourite movies of the year.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote