View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 10:37 AM   #23
Umbrella
High School Varsity

General Events Phase:
My senator Morgan C Hamilton is showing ambition, which means he gets +1 to his next election. In addition, our military prep dropped. Some other factions had random politician traits/ratings shift.

Scripted Events:
Most of these are flavor/points. For example, New Jersey became the first state to legalize labor unions. I got points for that since I hold the Labor Unions card. However, a couple of interesting events fired. First, we had the opportunity to go to war with Spain to try and gain the Philippines. We also had a chance to try and pass women's suffrage. As the only non-expansionist faction, I didn't want war, and as the civil rights faction, I wanted suffrage. However, I only got one of my wishes. We didn't go to war, which shocked me. President Grant got spooked by our military prep dropping and decided against it. However, I couldn't convince the rest of our faction that now was the time for women's suffrage.

The last update is that governors were chosen for the national convention. This part is confusing to me, since I still haven't been through a presidential election yet, so I was glad I wasn't chosen.

After the governors choose the delegations for the national convention, I believe we will move on to Supreme Court cases.

Also, a quick score update. I am the lowest scoring Republic faction, and by quite a bit. The rest of the party is pretty far right of me, so the actions they are taking benefit them much more than me. As it is, I'm still higher than all the Democrat factions, but not by much. If I'm below any of the Democrats at the end of the midterms, the Republicans will get a penalty, so I hope they start throwing me some bones soon.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote