View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 03:35 PM   #645
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Ricky Bobby, Talladega Nights (5/10) I love ferrell, in supporting roles. When hes a leading actor i tend to be dissapointed. Most of the movie was pretty boring to me, and the only scene salvaging this score was in the hospital. Other then that, yawn.

We saw this movie last weekend. It was OK. Ferrell is the Cheap Trick of comedy actors - hasn't lived up to his potential and it's hard to understand how comedy gold and comedy crap/filler can be so seemlessly interwoven into one movie. He takes you to the point where you think he's going to kill you, then he drops the ball. Most of the movie was pretty boring, actually. He reminds me of Adam Sandler, in some ways - some really great stuff, mostly boring, and some bizarre/out of the blue "comedy" that just doesn't work for me.

I haven't seen Borat or much of Cohen in general, but I thought Cohen's character in this movie was really weak. There was nothing funny about the character, really, although it seemed like they were going for laughs with his accent. But when you consider that the funny French accent was done by Peter Sellers 30 years ago to the point of perfection, Cohen didn't come close to eliciting a laugh from me.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote