View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 11:21 AM   #102
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

yesterday's run was the usual midweek easy run, now 7 km up from the 5 km it was in the previous training cycle. Felt good as I went at it pretty easy, keeping the HR under 125 (actually averaged 122 BPM) the whole time yet still getting a 5:32/km (8:54/mile) average pace out of it.

Today's run was a 40 minutes progression in which I increase my pace every 5 minutes trying to do the last hard 5 minutes at a pace in between 10K and 5K pace before going back to an easy pace for a 5 minute cooldown. Way I get it done is start at about 5:45/km and every 5 minutes I increase the pace by 15 seconds/km. Attached is how it worked out this morning, very happy with the run. Especially happy how the heart rate stayed low. Even though I realize it was only about 5 minutes, to have it stay at about 150 when averaging a pace of 4:09 is encouraging...

I didn't really feel like running today though. Well, didn't feel like waking up after one hit of the snooze button. Went to bed really tired and a bit late last night and would have slept in a bit this morning. Finally out of bed reminding myself that tomorrow is my rest day and I will get to sleep in then, at least for a good 50 minutes. Sometimes you gotta push through...

Will not be easy to fit in the long run on sunday. We have a karate competition that me and my son need to officiate. We are teaching karate from 9:30 to 11:15 before having lunch and heading over to the competition that will start at 1pm and should end around 3 or 3:30. Could do the long run before the day starts or right after, i.e. before dinner. Going early would mean getting up around 6:20 or so, on a Sunday morning...

FM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-06-05 09-57-11.jpg (49.8 KB, 71 views)