View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 12:14 AM   #141
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - the NCAA system right now is far from the best place to develop NBA players. Kentucky is the major exception.
When it comes to a player like Jaylen Brown who looked better as a HS senior than at Cal sure, but that's a much different topic. Kuzma went from 3/2 to 11/6 to 16/9 in his 3 seasons at Utah - I think he developed as a player while there. The question is why player evaluation failed so much - I guess pre-draft profiles harped on his inconsistent defense and inability to hit outside shots in college? NBA draft profile: Kyle Kuzma is an enigma to basketball scouts and experts | Deseret News

This draft looks like it'll have insane depth - TJ Leaf, John Collins, Jarrett Allen, OG Anunoby & Caleb Swanigan were also all picked between 18 & 27 and look like rotation players at a minimum (and I still could see Harry Giles breaking out) - but I'd love to sit down with the scouts who thought DJ Wilson or Tyler Lydon was better than Kuzma and figure out what led to that thought process. I don't claim I saw Kuzma being this good (Swanigan was the one there I was banging the drum for), but I did see Wilson & Lydon play more & thought not an NBA player pretty quickly.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote