View Single Post
Old 12-24-2020, 04:44 PM   #108
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
It looks like our Christmas will be normal this year. I think we've determined that my mom can come over for the day, which is all we've ever done. She wasn't here for Thanksgiving and thank god for that, because the Covid was rampant in here.

NYE will be a mix. We're going out with another couple to a comedy show (they had covid the same time we did) and then home to see the New Year in with our kids. That's it. Benefits of a very small family.

Well, my Mom has pulled the rug out by saying that she's not coming. Not today, not tomorrow. We felt like our home was safe, that we've all recovered, not contagious, everyone is improving. She's been a part of our Christmas for like the last 18 years and not having her here will be rough. I see my neighbors and their parents all the time. My mom is a massive fraidy cat. She's been careful for the most part, and she's terribly scared of being sick and alone (as she lives alone). As much faith as she has in religion she is scared of SO much. I am stunned. We wouldn't put her in a position that we felt was dangerous, and like Thanksgiving, we didn't think having her close was good, but after we've all recovered, we felt like it would be as safe as it could be. But now she can't stop thinking about all the people who have died, and she doesn't want to die, and that's all she is thinking about. So she would rather be miserable in her house and sad, than be here. I understand, and don't understand. The kids get older and older, and the times where we're all together are just thin now. She basically said, that until she feels 100% safe she can't do it. All week we've been talking about coming. Today, she hits me with this. All I could have done before now was to have us all tested and prove that we were negative. This whole development has really brought me down.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote