Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 12:02 PM   #190
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here we go!

Omar Acevedo v. Mando Ramos

This fight is scheduled for six rounds.

Round one went to Omar. He did a very nice job of avoiding a lot of punches. He did well with the jab, but his defense was his strength. His punches seemed to be having a substantial effect on Ramos. I would be very happy if Omar fought the whole fight like this. He would win easy.

Round two was ugly. Lots of holding, misses, and pushing. Omar shouldn’t be on the inside. It seemed to me that Ramos went to a more defensive style of fighting. That could force Omar to move forward more. I think he could KO Ramos, but it might open him up a bit more than I want.

Round three was similar to two. Neither fighter did much. There was a lot of missed punches and not much action. Acevedo needs to push the pace a little harder. I was expecting a much more aggressive fight from Ramos. So far that hasn’t materialized.

The end of last round Omar became so frustrated that he just tore after Ramos. He started round four the same way. He came out on the attack, sadly Ramos landed a good series of punches and was again controlling the round. At 1:28 Omar launched an uppercut so vicious that Ramos layed out flat on the canvas. He managed to get to his knees, but by the time the ref got to 10 he was still there and Omar had climed the ropes to celebrate his first career win by KO!

I got a peak at the judges scorecards. They were divided with Omar winning 2 of 3 on 2 cards and Ramos winning 2 of 3 on the other. I am very happy with the result. He was certainly due for a big KO. A win so convincing over a higher ranked opponent will greatly help his ranking.

That makes two fights that we won, and I had another 150k riding here too. Whew! I am going to be tired after this one.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote