View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 03:10 PM   #353
Radii
Head Coach

Starting weight: 349.0 (8/6)
Last Week: 340.1 (8/20)
Current Weight: 333.0 (8/27)

I had an outstanding week this week, better than either of my first two. Two changes this week.

1) I started using foodsdatabase.com to track everything I eat and set a weight goal. I set an initial goal to get down to 299 pounds by Dec 31. According to foodsDB, I should be able to do that eating ~2050 calories/day, or a bit more if I'm exercising as well. I've been eating less than that most days, not really on purpose, but the #1 benefit of a low carb eating style is that it really does curb your appetite quite a bit. When I'm eating lots of bad stuff/sugar/drinking sodas I am constantly paying attention to how hungry I am because I have ups and downs and hunger spikes where I go from feeling satisfied to feeling like I haven't eaten in a week over the course of 45 minutes. Now sometimes I just forget to have a snack/meal because my body isn't screaming for extra food, which is a much better problem to have.

2) I started the hundred pushup challenge(back when it was on sportsdigs ). You'd think I'm working out 30-45 minutes a day to have lost 7 pounds this week, but nope. I did pushups 3 days this week, went walking once(on the same day as one of the pushups) and uh, that's it. I really need to be out walking 3-4 nights a week, if not 7. But right now, that is only a minor downside to an otherwise great start.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote