Thread: Learned League
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 07:42 PM   #175
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions for defense in a rookie rundle? I couldn't think of anything better than by assigning points roughly in line with the difficulty I had with each question.

What I always tell people is don't play defense based on what you would get wrong, score based on someone relatively well-informed but not too much. It's a crapshoot in rookie rundle, but...I figured it out about halfway through my rookie season, you just have to defend against layups and ensure that whenever they get a 3 pointer, it's well earned.

After a few rounds, you'll get a feel for it based on the types of questions and can adapt your strategy based on how you defend early. I've coached a few people to solid rookie defense seasons with those tenets, so...it's not all made up. if you're bad at math, don't assume everyone is. If you're not a history buff, doesn't mean someone else isn't. Try to measure the degree of difficulty of the question for anyone -- like is it a Jeopardy question? Or a bar trivia stumper? Somewhere in-between? That's how I score questions, even in A rundle, not totally based on stats because people will surprise you sometimes.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-19-2020 at 07:43 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote