View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 07:44 AM   #5002
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
I'd like to like Johnson, but his idea to turn Medicare and Medicaid fully into block grant programs is a terrible, terrible idea, and the thought process behind it is not something I'd like to see applied to other federal programs.

Yeah there are a few areas I have disagreements with him on. I always figure on those he has to get by the Congress though so I 'm guessing his changes to the major departments and programs are more philosophy than what will happen. From what I have read about New Mexico he was big on just filtering the garbage out of every bill that came across his desk.

The big knock against Libertarians used to be drug legalization but now it seems to be the majority view (at least on pot and I doubt a first term Libertarian is going to go right after legalizing coke their first day in office). The other was always nutcases that have no experience and these two candidates have as much "real experience" as most presidential candidates in the past 30 years.

I will see where he is polling and likely vote for him but if Trump gets too close to Clinton in Missouri I may have to hold my nose and vote for Hillary using the same "lessor of two evils" that I have railed against on this board the past 10 years.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote