Ibrahim – 12.25
Mputu – 8.75
Cecchi – 7,75
Cook – 6.25
Ja-Cheol – 6.25
Garcia – 4.3 mill
Kadodia – 2.5
Althof – 2.4 mill

By the way, at 73 mill, Jae-Hwan is the 9th most expensive player in the world. Ricardo is 20th.

Well we won the Liga. Just one goal left. Can I win the Champion’s Cup?

That was fun

Now, how did that happen?

1). We had times when our offense was just blowing people out of the water, particularly early in the season and later. The wings of Grealish and Ricardo were humming and Jae-Hwan and Oliver/El Ghazi from the middles were great, and the Dong-Hyuk/Mance combo was on fire. We were often getting multiple goals in a lot of matches.

2) We had times when our defense was just stifling. As I pointed out, Althof only conceded 9 goals to normal play, and the rest were to set pieces, inc. 4 pks that sunk. That’s incredibly good at keeping folks back. Our GK and defense played very well. Here let me show you:

From Dec 5th’s game vs Getafe through Mallorca at 1/2/17, we conceded no goals. Meanwhile we had numerous streaks. We started slower. We allowed 6 goals in the first 4 matches, and then 7 in four matches vs R. Madrid, Barca, Levante ,and At Madrid. By the end of October, we had allowed 13 goals. And then the rest of the season, just 6 more.

So when my offense was in a bit of a slump and we we couldn’t wrestle up more than 1 goal a game, our defense shored us up.

Each covered for the other. The 3-2 victory vs Elche or Celta, furring the opening matches, or the 1-0 ones vs Betis, Valencia, and At. Bilbao in the middle of the season

3). Ricardo. Losing Lanzini allowed me to bring I Grealish, who was better for us. El Ghazi was fun. But this season was about the acquisition of two major talent – Ricardo, and DC Dani Perez, whom you’ll see soon and really like

I would like to win a Spanish Cup and the Champions League was obviously not where my long term goals are, but we had a good season, winning the liga, and dominating it along the way with the most goals scored and the fewest allowed.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-04-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote