View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 09:57 PM   #26
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

REALIGNMENT AFTERMATH

With the KHSAA switching to a 64-district model for the 1983-84 season, it'll be a brave new world for the teams vying for the King of The Hill Championship, as the regionals will now become part of the bigger bracket and start counting as state post-season appearances.

Only the top two teams -- and only in the event of a tie -- will play in a district title game, regular season district tiles will go to the team with the best record in that district, period. At least for now, it might change later.

What teams benefitted from redistricting? Hard to say without running through a season and seeing what teams emerge.

But first, let's check on our first two recruits. Tony Patrick (Ohio State) & John Ebner (Kentucky A&T) who are in their freshman year at their respective colleges.

For whatever reason, I must not have saved after creating either of them. I just realized this, but either way, they're lost to time except...I've decided to recreate both again for this year, but as JUCO juniors so they'll have 3 years of eligibility. We'll act as if they didn't qualify and so they lost their scholarships. Should be interesting to see where they end up next year, as a result. We'll have the memory of them as monster high schoolers in the case of Patrick, though and maybe Ebner can get a better look upgrade from the WAC where he originally signed before.

Patrick is still a 5-star recruit, Ebner a 3-star for the game purposes though.

So we'll sim another season in the college game to find out where these guys ended up and then another year after that to see their results, before heading back to the high school game and seeing -- gleefully -- how well our realignment plan will work out. I'm excited about the change after 60 years of using the regional model, it'll be nice to see more teams represented and should be interesting if it affects results, but it should result in more parity which I like.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote