View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 05:14 PM   #204
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Army-Level Choices

1. Emphasis -- We have a slight lean towards veterans right now. Weapons would emphasize putting more recent, effective, and expensive equipment in the hands of more brigades; Manpower would see us ensuring that all recruits get used, and that our newer, greener brigades get the priority in terms of making sure they max out their numbers.

2. Reputation Investment -- We stand currently at 36 Reputation, which is a good safe number but also does not present any morale effect.

** 6x 20pdr Parrot(6 Rep.)
** BG John Sedgwick(4 Rep.)
** BG Joseph Hooker(4 Rep.)

Once again we are oversupplied with generals(3 minimum needed, we have 5). It seems that at the Division/Corps level, wounded officers are either extremely rare or not a thing in the game; every injury has come to the Brigade CO. I looked at the help file for this; Corps commanders are essentially invulnerable but Division ones have the same mechanic as the Brigade level but an apparently lower chance; opportunity to get injured is based on how many losses have been taken in their command for a battle. So I guess we've mostly just been lucky on that front.

As far as this battle's reputation situation goes, it looks like it's either nothing or those big guns.

3. Weapon Sales

I'm not going to list them all this time; the better weapons we need for our Army. The way I see it there are three that may be worth considering.

** 3053 Farmers @ $4 ea.
** 2146 Re-Bored Farmers @ $5 ea.
** 34 Sawed-Off @ $6 ea.

All three weapons cannot be purchased, so if we run out that's it -- at least until the end of this campaign. The two Farmer's variants are supplied exclusively to new infantry brigades when we just need to give them something to get them out in the field -- a case of a bad weapon being better than no weapon and not being able to fund putting them out there. Once they reach their first unit perk promotion(* status) they get the 1842 Springfield at a minimum. It's still good to have some around, but we may not need as many as we have; selling all but several hundred of each could be an option. Of course, it's not known whether we will need more for additional Corps in the future, but so far each campaign has resulted in another Corps being added so I'd call that likely, and then we could use them if needed at that point.

The Sawed-Off is an inaccurate but high-damage carbine cavalry weapon. We could sell those and make about two hundred bucks since we're unlikely to need them anytime soon, or save them in the hopes of eventually capturing more.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote