View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 06:55 AM   #99
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Good luck, Radii. I know what you mean about the yo-yo dieting. I have gained and lost about 40-60 pounds 3 (now going on 4) times in the past 10 years. I'm getting too old for this, so this time I am going to make a concerted effort to really change the way I eat and keep up the exercise after I lose the weight.

FWIW, I've found that as easy as it has been for me to gain the weight, it has been, well, maybe not AS easy to lose it, but certainly, it has come off faster than I expected. I think the same thing that makes it easy for me to eat 4 times a normal amount of something and not feel particularly full has helped me to be able to east far less than I'm used to, and not feel particularly hungry. Just a theory. All I know is, it's been easier for me to withstand temptation and eat less than I thought it would be. Once you see the weight coming off, it solidifies your resolve to keep it up.

Anyway, good luck and keep posting updates here. I've found this thread to be tremendously helpful, both in terms of keeping track of how I'm doing and the encouragement I get from others and from seeing how others are doing.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote