Running game: fully functional, not balanced
Interception returns: fully functional, not balanced
Open field running: fully functional, not balanced
Punting: DONE
FG: DONE
Integration into existing coach/playcall AI: DONE
Stat tracking: 1% functional
Integration into existing schedule screens: 0% functional

It's really going to be a relief when this is done. This is one of those lessons-learned about planning out what you're doing before you dive into it. (Granted, I'd never intended on having a fast-sim, but still....)

The most complicated part of fast-sim has been all the helper functions and coach AI that were built with the knowledge that they could just reach into the game engine and pull out game variables whenever needed. Unfortunately, fast-sim is not the same as the original game engine, so all of those reference won't work anymore. It's incredibly tedious trying to unwind all that mess, and make it work for two types of sim engines, without creating duplicates of everything.

Now, if I was smart and had planned all this out from the beginning......
  1. I would have made a single point of entry to both game engines, so in-game variables were only stored once.
  2. I would have written AI so it didn't rely so heavily on being able to peek into the game engine at will.
  3. I wouldn't have used GameObjects AT ALL for tracking players (they are the worst to work with)

Those simple changes would have made this whole process easier, and saved so much time. Just one more thing to remember for the golf game.