View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 09:56 PM   #143
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Muntari is now suspended for the next 3 matches because of the red card he picked up.
I fined him 1 weeks salary.

January 22, 2011

English FA Cup, 4th Round

Tottenham at Sheff United

GK Gomes

DL Ekotto
DC Bassong
*DC Dawson
*DR Walker

DMC Motta
*MC Jenas
*MC Kranjcar
AMC Modric

ST Defoe
*ST Crouch

We are favored 4-5. Sheff are 3-1 dogs. Time to get this squad back on track.

3 min: I toyed with the Dawson/Woodgate decision today on who should start. I picked the right guy. We have a corner. The ball travels to the other side of the goal where Walker heads it home. GOAL! 1-0

23 min: Kranjcar turns the ball over, but husltes, gets it back and flips it forward to Modric who storms the box, and finishes! GOAL! 2-0

35 min: Sheff races down the right sideline. They get a pretty centering pass and Phillips is able to finish it off. 2-1

HT: Not a bad first half. The goal that Sheff got was about their only real chance, and it was a fine play by them. No changes at this point.

53 min: Modric is chased all the way into the left corner of the field. He centers...the pass started out of bounds, curved over the goal and onto the foot of Crouch who put it away. Crouch gets the GOAL! But that was all Modric. 3-1

70 min: dos Santos in for Kranjcar. Keane in for Defoe.

FT: We kill the clock the rest of the way and easily advance to the 5th round of this Cup competition.

Modric was great again with a 9.1 rating.
Dawson was a9.0
Crouch 7.8
A bunch of other 7+ ratings as well.

Modric was MotM

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote