DC - Daniel Nimmo - 32 apps 1g 7.02 avg
DR - James Grant - 39 apps 1g 7.06 avg
MC - Dylan Thomas - 24 apps 5g 7.02 avg
MC - Jamie McKernon - 43 apps 4g 7.03 avg
AML - Adam Martin - 25 apps 8g 6.98 avg
AMC - Kurtis Roberts - 37 apps 10g 7.27 avg
AMR - Brian Donaldson - 17 apps 8g 7.24 avg
ST - Ewan MacPherson - 26 apps 16g 7.17 avg

Other notables: DC Stephen Welch 16 apps 0g 6.83; DC Kesi Omolokun 15 apps 1g 6.82; DM Ross Finnie 22 apps 1g 6.80; MC Gary Fraser 13 apps 4g 7.18; AMR Jordan Elliot 11 apps 2g 6.81; ST Josh Peters 37 apps 18g 7.05; ST Connor Higgins 12 apps 6g 6.84

Queen's Park Fans Player of the Year: Kurtis Roberts

The stats shown above take into account all competitions with our senior team and include everyone who played at least one game for the big club this past season.
* - DENOTES PLAYER DID NOT FINISH SEASON WITH CLUB

Goalkeeping

-- The 22 year old Hart was our main keeper and one of our best players all year, while also being named to the Scottish League Two Best Eleven. He was very solid. Joe McGovern was a capable backup but only played a few low key league and cup games.

Defence

-- Daniel Nimmo led the way in the middle of our defence, playing the most games while also being the most effective. He had a bit of a feud going with me early in the season when he felt his job was being threatened but once a couple of our solid young players were poached by bigger clubs, he settled in and led the way. One of the turning points of the season was inserting on-loan defender Kyle MacDonald into the starting lineup - he is a very versatile player who can play just as effectively at midfield but he was ever-present late in the season at CD. We got solid contributions from Kesi Omolokun and on-loan defender Stephen Welch as well throughout the year. Losing captain Scott Gibson and talented youngster Izhaak Ahmed early in the season didn't help but we did a solid job with what we had.

-- Our top fullback option to start the year was Ciaran Summers but he was wooed away by a club that could actually pay him and that left us shorthanded, or so we thought. Thankfully, unheralded Sam Lidington stepped in and was incredibly effective, notching 12 points from the left fullback position. James Grant was ever-present on the right side, with Sam Robertson and Gavin Lachlan getting a few games in backup roles. Both Lidington and Grant were named to the league's starting eleven, a wonderful honour.

Midfield

-- The best player for Queen's Park last year was attacking central mid Kurtis Roberts, who scored ten goals and pitched in with 13 assists over the course of the year. He was the Scottish League Two Player of the Year and obviously our supporter's player of the year as well. Our captain, Jamie McKernon, was also extremely productive with 14 points (4 goals) in his 43 appearances. We also got solid contributions from Gary Fraser (4 goals in 14 late season appearances), assistant captain Dylan Thomas (5 goals in 19 starts) and holding midfielder Ross Finnie.

-- Early in the season, we went exclusively with narrow formations that didn't require wingers but we noted that 16 year old Brian Donaldson, a dynamic right winger, may be the most talented player in the squad. So we changed formations mid-season, moving to a 4-2-3-1 and Donaldson erupted for 8 goals and 4 assists in only 16 starts before getting poached by Dundee United early in 2019. It was a tremendous loss for us. The other big surprise out wide was on the left side, as unheralded Adam Martin scored 8 goals and added 3 assists in 24 starts. Jordan Elliot took over from Donaldson late in the year and was pretty effective as well.

Striker

-- We relied on our strikers to a great extent all season. While Josh Peters was likely the most talented forward, it was 19 year old Ewan MacPherson who impressed early and often, scoring 16 goals in only 23 starts, adding 5 assists along the way. However, like many of our other top players, he was a transfer target and having someone offer him money to play football was too enticing, as he'd leave in January for Raith FC. Peters would pick up the slack in his absence, ultimately leading the team with 18 goals on the season. Connor Higgins was a fine backup, scoring 6 goals in 20 appearances (including only three starts).

LOAN PLAYERS

-- We didn't loan anyone of note out to other teams this season.

U18 PLAYERS

-- Any of our best U18 players were put on to the senior team roster so nothing really to see here either!

Year-End Financials

I didn't note our final financial numbers but the team did exceedingly well due to the fact that we had no wage bill for players OR staff members. It doesn't hurt playing in a huge stadium like Hampden Park either!

Closing Thoughts

This season was an undoubted success, as we gain promotion to Scottish League One despite having a roster of unpaid players and a full staff of volunteers as well.

This career is meant to be much different from my past Dover career in that I plan on using smaller clubs as stepping stones in order to manage one of the world's biggest teams. It's a different challenge for me, for sure, but Queen's Park is definitely not a club I intend to stay at for long.

As such, I put my name out there as a potential hire and unfortunately get only one interview: it's with Dundee United from the Scottish Championship but my interview does not result in a job offer unfortunately.

It looks like I'll be heading back to Queen's Park for the 2019-20 season.

Last edited by NoSkillz : 01-07-2020 at 11:12 AM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote