View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 03:09 PM   #46
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

May 5, 2020

It didn't take long to hear back from one of the clubs - Norwich City sent thanks for the application but they had already found their man, hiring Carlos Carvalhal as the replacement for the sacked Frank Lampard. This was a definite long-shot so no surprises here...

I also get acknowledgements that Rotherham United and Dundee United have received my applications and they will let me know how things progress.

May 8, 2020

Well, it certainly didn't take long for my former club to find a replacement.

Word comes out that Queen's Park has hired Paul Hartley to take over as manager. Hartley is considered an icon at Hearts and had an impressive 17 year career as a player, spending most of his time in Scotland. After retiring from Aberdeen in 2010/11, he immediately went into management, taking over at Alloa Athletic for close to three years before moving on to Dundee. He'd spend three years there and most recently was at Falkirk for one season as manager. He's been out of management for close to two years so it will be interesting to follow my former club and see how things progress in my absence.

May 10, 2020

I get word from Dundee United - they want me to come in for an interview for the position!! I immediately accept.

I get grilled on a number of issues: specifically why I've applied for so many jobs (uhh, I'm out of work and need the money?!), what type of philosophies I'd have for running the club, budgetary needs, etc. I must say that some of the questions they asked made me think quite a bit. Honestly, I left the interview and wasn't super enthusiastic about how it went but would hope for the best.

UP-TO-DATE JOB TRACKER

1. Dundee United (Scottish Championship) - APPLIED - INTERVIEWED
2. Norwich City (English Championship) - APPLIED - Hired Carlos Carvalhal
3. Rotherham United (English League One) - APPLIED
4. Newport County (English League Two)

Last edited by NoSkillz : 01-13-2020 at 03:59 PM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote