View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 03:52 PM   #48
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

May 20, 2020

So I've been out of work for a couple weeks now but I'm not panicking quite yet. I figure that as long as I can get into a job by the beginning of June, I'll have time to build a staff and bring some players in before pre-season begins late in the month.

I hear back from Queen's Park Rangers. They are looking for someone with much more experience than I have so I'm out of the running there. Disappointing - I loved that documentary on QPR that came out a few years ago (The Four Year Plan) and it would have been equally as cool moving from one Queen's Park team to another. Oh well...the search continues...

May 25, 2020

Another big day, as a new job opens up at Crystal Palace. They finished 5th in the Championship but obviously wanted better results, as they sack Sam Allardyce to open up that managerial spot. If I can't get a sniff at QPR after they've been relegated to League One, I'm guessing this job is out of range as well. I don't even say anything in the press about this one.

On the same day, Tottenham announce that Fatih Terim has been hired to manage the club.

May 26, 2020

QPR announce that they've hired Lee Johnson to take over from recently sacked Tony Pulis. Johnson will be tasked with getting QPR back up quickly from the depths of League One.

May 27, 2020

Two more jobs get filled: first, we hear that Rochdale have brought Paul Cook in to replace sacked manager Keith Hill. Rochdale were relegated to League Two for the 20/21 season so Cook will have his hands full there.

Next, we see that Leyton Orient will look to Simon Clifford in hopes of getting back into league football. Leyton Orient are mired in the National League at the moment after an 8th place finish last year.

I didn't apply for either of these jobs but with things still eerily quiet out of Dundee United, I'm starting to regret my inaction there.

UP-TO-DATE JOB TRACKER

1. Dundee United (Scottish Championship) - APPLIED - INTERVIEWED
2. Norwich City (English Championship) - APPLIED - Hired Carlos Carvalhal
3. Rotherham United (English League One) - APPLIED - Hired Neal Ardley
4. Newport County (English League Two)
5. Tottenham Hotspur (English Premier League) - DECLARE INTEREST - Hired Fatih Terim
6. Queen's Park Rangers (English League One) - APPLIED - Hired Lee Johnson
7. Rochdale (English League Two) - Hired Paul Cook
8. Colchester United (English League Two)
9. Leyton Orient (English National League) - Hired Simon Clifford
10. Crystal Palace (English Championship)
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote