Thread: Board Games
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #324
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Very cool! Will have to check some of these out.

Quick question. The Dan Verssen games......are they all print out games? Do you pay for the game and then you have access to the files that you print out at home? Just making sure I was understanding that correctly.

Well I went out to the site to check it out, and make sure I understood. There are a number of print and play games there. I'm noting that they are calling them Vassal modules now, where as I thought they would be .pdf. So You'll have to do some research on those or ask someone here with experience with Vassal, as I have none. The print and play versions look to be $15-$30, and they are at the bottom of the site I mentioned. Edit...to note that there are plenty of .pdf options for these as well as a couple of Vassal modules. Not the "Free" I described above, but it does appear that Corsair Leader is there for $15.

There are boxed versions of a number of them...including U-Boat Leader which sounds interesting. Those run $50-$90. More than I expected, but I've given Phantom Leader a spin, and it was a lot of fun.

Last edited by Glengoyne : 01-10-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote