View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 10:50 PM   #123
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Meanwhile, considering the (seemingly) fairly kayfabe fan tendencies of the TNA audience, explain to me exactly how the heck Samoa Joe has remained a face.

I mean, he already broke the unwritten code of the X Division by trying to injure Daniels after winning a match, he abandoned Sting to the hands of Jarrett & Steiner after their tag match. He cuts promos like a heel, his expressions & mannerisms are largely heelish ... but he's arguably the most over guy in the company.

Don't get me wrong, he's a helluva talent & I understand completely why he's such a rising star ... I just don't understand why he generates such overwhelming support from fans that appear oriented toward more traditional faces.

edit to add: There's a lot about Joe that reminds me of Taz in his prime, but that was in front on an ECW crowd that often had reactions that ran contrary to traditional face/heel roles.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 07-13-2006 at 10:51 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote