View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 08:28 AM   #150
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm sorry, but I can't watch this. The six man tag last night of Mark Henry, King Booker T, and Fit Findlay against Bastista, Rey Misterio Jr., and Bobby (?) Lasher was horrible.

Okay, I get that wrestling is scripted. I also believe that what they do is real to a certain extent. Any way you cut it, you can't fake getting hit with a steel chair (although you can throw your arms up to take the impact). But that six man tag was the worst. Rey Misterio gets beat on and instead of tagging he tries to beat on his opponent, setting it up for no tag. Then Bastista runs out to save him, but the ref holds him back. There is no way a ref is going to hold back Bastista but they made it look like it. It wasn't the whole "he's got his fist in the air" and the ref is holding up his hands to stop him; it was Bastista charging into the ring and the ref physically stopping him. Now, I'm supposed to believe that Bastista wins the match with his fearsome Bastista Bomb when he's stopped by a puny ref?

At least script the matches so they look more realistic. I can handle the midget running out to help Fit Findlay. I can handle DX winning a handicap match (after all, both were multiple WWE champs and Shawn outlasted 29 other people to win the Royal Rumble). I can handle the obvious skits setting up Vince McMahon. I can handle Viscera and (can't remember) fighting over Lillian. What I can't handle is bad scripting during the matches. Ugh.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote