View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 11:59 AM   #1217
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2082 NFL Amateur Draft

Ready for the third injection of talent for the decade?

Picking 1.1 is… Portland and I think the Pioneers will go with a stud RB Cary Dionne. And they take… OT Blake Esparza. Reach. Dionne heads off the board at the 1.5 spot to Indy. This is a deep RB draft and my hope is that we can grab a better backup for Lincoln.

We head to 1.32!

RB Alan Miller – I didn’t waste interviews on RBs, but his bars looks great for the 1.32 spot. He’s only a runner, and not good at the catching.
OG Cris Stephenson – As Scouted, looks like an OG version of Vilma that can really only do the run blocking although he’s really good at STR as well.
SLB Phil Parker – 3rd best player on the board, okay bars, very underrated

Here, wanna see the three options I’m considering?

Here’s the Parker, he’s the project of the three. He’s a solid entrant and looks good for pass rush and thinking and hitting but weak at run d and just okay at coverage. I could move him to ILB but I really would prefer a Run D better for my inner pair.

Here’s Stephenson. As Scouted. This is the safe pick, but LG is my lowest need as I extended Schau and drafted a better OG in the 1st last year. But he’s certainly a solid and safe(ish) pick for my squad. He can’t block a pass rusher if you spot him 2 seconds but he’s well rounded otherwise.

And here’s Miller. This is a deep draft for them, and as you can see he’s way better than you’d expect for 1.32. How many RBs went in the 1st before us? 5. Which is par for the course. My backup RB is siting at 35/35, and we really need a better one. Lincoln is in his 6th year and will start to fall, and could be injured at any time. (although I don’t recall him ever being even probable) Do I want to risk it? This is also insurance for when Lincoln falls which could happen in a year or three. He’s tied for the 2nd best RB in the league, prior to the draft, and falling to 70/70 or 68/68 should still play well.

What would you do?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote