View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 03:54 AM   #168
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I have received my role. I might reveal it, but I don't know yet that we have established the wisdom of that yet, so I'll wait for more discussion on this tomorrow.

Plus, for all we know, the wolves might have actions here during the night phase (as is common). I'm not sure it's such a good idea to offer up free information for them to possibly use, although I assume (hope?) they wouldn't have a Night 0 kill option.

Speaking of nightkills, any guesses from anyone as to how those might work, with the lynches pretty much happening who knows when? Is it as simple as they just send in a conditional, and if the lynch happens, nightkill immediately follows? I suppose this is possible, but my guess, given what I know of the mods' games in the past, is that it won't be that simple.

I think we should have serious discussions as to how (and perhaps whether) we should use the PM options available to us. Is there a clear way we can take advantage of this? Establish some level of trust with a player, and feed them role information perhaps? Not sure how to work that yet. Could get messy.

BTW, just had a thought, the rules say something about the wolves knowing a couple roles not in the game. But there are, what 31-32 roles in the rules and 24 players? If we all role reveal, we expand the wolves ability to "fake role reveal" another 4-5 roles, wouldn't we?

Okay, I have said my piece. Gonna have to take posts where they come, because we're busy as hell at my job, and it's going to be hard for me to even follow along during the days, much less post. I will try to check in a couple times per day during the workday, but it may be hard. I'll try to make up for it with massive nighttime posting.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote