View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 04:56 AM   #169
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Speaking of nightkills, any guesses from anyone as to how those might work, with the lynches pretty much happening who knows when? Is it as simple as they just send in a conditional, and if the lynch happens, nightkill immediately follows? I suppose this is possible, but my guess, given what I know of the mods' games in the past, is that it won't be that simple.

I am not sure how the wolf kills will work, but I assume it has to be similar to many 24-hour clock games where the lynch and the wolf-kill get posted at the same time. Otherwise it gets messy allowing people to vote and then be killed routinely as a way to effect the vote. Either way, not something we should bank any kind of strategy on until we see how it works the first few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
BTW, just had a thought, the rules say something about the wolves knowing a couple roles not in the game. But there are, what 31-32 roles in the rules and 24 players? If we all role reveal, we expand the wolves ability to "fake role reveal" another 4-5 roles, wouldn't we?

I just assume that it is like many games where everyone has an individual role. Because some people familiar with the show know which characters are pre-disposed to evil, the wolves are simply given enough cover roles to protect themselves. So if any of them need to do a role-reveal for some reason.. they say they are someone on the list that they received of roles not in the game. This way mass role reveals don't do anything to help clear anyone other than the fact that if two people claim the same person you know there are issues.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote