View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 05:40 AM   #170
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
This way mass role reveals don't do anything to help clear anyone other than the fact that if two people claim the same person you know there are issues.

Going to 'rule-dive' for a sec here.

Quote:
the Conspiracy will know at least two characters that are not in the game in order to assist with fake reveals.

Depending on how many wolves there are, it's possible the number of characters they know are not in the game is less than their total number. Because the list of powers is unpublished, I don't think it would be a difficult matter to make up a convincing story based on their role, especially with the following mechanic:

Quote:
The faction of the players, with the exception of Jack Bauer, is not predicated on the actions on the television show.

So there's every possibility that a character like Kim Bauer who was always on the side of good on the show has decided she is bitter towards the government for what they've turned Jack into and has joined the Conspiracy to enact revenge. Anyway, this is all to say I think there's little reason for everyone to role reveal and that it would be more useful on a case-by-case basis when there's a good reason to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I think we should have serious discussions as to how (and perhaps whether) we should use the PM options available to us. Is there a clear way we can take advantage of this? Establish some level of trust with a player, and feed them role information perhaps? Not sure how to work that yet. Could get messy.

I haven't played many games of Werewolf, but I don't know that there's been a game where all villagers have had PM abilities. What kinds of things do people typically do when they have PM abilities like a lover role in previous games? Possibly it could be used to coordinate votes behind the scenes? (although that could be obvious to wolves when you look back at voting) Regarding feeding role information, there's obviously a danger that the person on the other end could be a wolf and you'd be providing them or potentially a neutral party with that information. In general I would be wary of PMing people that aren't fully cleared like Jack unless there might be a reason (based on your role?)
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote