View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 04:31 AM   #419
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

(I ask him about Prarg)

Schera considers your question, then he replies:

'I'm sorry, I've heard nothing. There have been so many men lost, killed, or captured since Magnaarn attacked. I know of this officer, and though we've never met, I've heard tell that he is a good and brave man. All I can tell you is that I have not seen him here in Konozod.'

Captain Schera musters his men, and posts lookouts around the town wall as a precaution in case the Drakkarim return during the night with reinforcements. He then oversees the care of the sick and wounded. You are impressed by his devotion to the men under his command and, once his duties are completed, you return with him to the armoury to formulate a plan of action. It is decided that it is too dangerous to remain here and you agree that you should leave at first light. Schera says there are sufficient boats to transport everyone downriver to Darke, but there is a risk that you could run foul of Magnaarn's troops. However, he is determined to rejoin his army. If the Lencians are still resisting Magnaarn, then he reasons that the city of Darke is where the battle is most likely to be taking place.

Before you settle down to sleep, one of Schera's men brings you some food and ale: restore 3 ENDURANCE points.

Schera wakes you shortly before dawn and wearily you rise from your makeshift bed. Mindful of the journey ahead, you make a brief search of the armoury and discover a few weapons, and other items which could prove useful:

6 Arrows
Quiver
Dagger
Sword
Spear

If you wish to keep any of these items, remember to adjust your Action Chart accordingly.

The captain sends word to his men to find boats for the voyage downstream. The order is duly carried out and, within the hour, twenty small craft have been brought to the icy river on the west side of the stone bridge. Schera appoints ten men to each craft, then you and he step aboard the first boat, cast off, and begin a voyage that will take you towards the coastal city of Darke.

The current is strong and the river is free of obstructions, enabling your flotilla to make swift progress downstream. Much of the riverbank is lightly wooded and Schera commands everyone to remain vigilant in case there are Drakkarim among the trees, lying in ambush. You pass through the woods without incident, and shortly before noon, you see the ruined town of Odnenga in the distance. Every building has been razed to the ground and a pall of wood smoke hangs above the town, fed by fires still smouldering from a battle that took place here several days ago. The river here is blocked by debris and you are forced to put ashore. Schera's men set to work clearing a passage, while you and the Captain scout the ruins in search of information.

A soot-blackened road, running east to west, divides this shattered town into two halves. Schera suggests that you split up and search one half each and you nod in agreement.

(I didn’t take anything except I think I needed an arrow. I take the south road)

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote