View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 10:36 AM   #433
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Improved Disciplines:

Sun Lord

If you are a Grand Master who has reached the rank of Sun Lord (7 Disciplines), you will now benefit from improvements to the following Grand Master Disciplines:

Grand Weaponmastery

Sun Lords with this Discipline are able to cause the metal edge of any non-magical weapon to ignite and burn fiercely. When a weapon thus affected is used in combat, it inflicts an additional 1 ENDURANCE point loss upon an enemy in every successful round of combat. This ability cannot be used with a wholly wooden weapon such as a quarterstaff.

Assimilance

Sun Lords who possess this skill are able to cause the outline of their bodies to become blurred and indistinct. By so doing, they can greatly increase their chances of avoiding magical and/or non-magical missiles directed at them.

Grand Huntmastery

Kai Sun Lords with this skill are able to see, with acute accuracy, light in the infrared spectrum, i.e. they can see complex patterns generated by heat in near or total darkness. They can also see light in the ultraviolet spectrum.

Kai-surge

Sun Lords who possess mastery of this Discipline are able to launch a Kai-blast--a pulse of intense psychic energy which is capable of affecting both psychically active and inactive enemies. This form of psychic attack is very effective, more so than a usual Kai-surge, Psi-surge or Mindblast. It can cause an enemy to lose between 2 and 18 ENDURANCE points in one attack. A Kai Sun Lord using Kai-blast determines the damage inflicted on an enemy by picking two numbers from the Random Number Table. These numbers should be added together (a '0' = 1) and the resultant total equals the damage inflicted. However, use of a Kai-blast will reduce a Sun Lord's ENDURANCE points total by 4. It cannot be used in conjunction with any other form of psychic attack.

Telegnosis

Sun Lords who possess this Discipline are able to alter their body weight in order to walk successfully upon different kinds of surfaces, e.g. water, mud, lava, and quicksand. Time duration and degree of surface difficulty increases as a Grand Master rises in rank.

Magi-magic

Grand Masters who have reached the rank of Sun Lord are able to use the following battle-spells of the Elder Magi:

Penetrate--This increases the penetrative energy of any Arrow or Arrow-like missile, launched by a Sun Lord.
Energy Grasp--This spell enables a Sun Lord to discharge a powerful electrical force into anything he or she touches. It is similar in effect to the Brotherhood spell Lightning Hand, but differs in that it is easier to control and channel the resulting energy. It also requires the actual touching of an object or an enemy to effect the spell.

Alright, here are the Disciplines I do not already have: Magi-Magic, Assimilance, Telegnosis, Grand Nexus, Grand Weaponmastery, Deliverance. Of these, which do I want the most? Kai-Blast looks really powerful, I’ll need to read the rules on it in the forums. Does it replace an attack or is it before combat, once per combat, every round? The new Grand Weaponmastery ability rocks, but is not used for me so it’s just another way of pumping up new players.

I’m between Telegnosis and Grand Weaponmastery. Yeah, Grand Weaponmastery. I take sword and dagger as my two weapons.

I take the Map of the Maakengorge, 26 crowns, top off my quiver, and Laumspur. Like normal.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote