View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 09:17 PM   #315
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
i had the same thing. when i traded for my 2 Japs they both had 5 stars, awesome ratings. i looked at what the OSA/generic scout thought of them once they were on my team and i felt a pang in my heart. all ratings in the 1's and 2's. for a second i thought maybe my scout was seeing them rated with regards to how they compare to other players in the Pro Jap League, but once you take a foreign player and put him on the MLB then he isn't as good (like how Kaz Matsui was awesome in the Japan League, but in the MLB...not so much). and Godzilla Matsui hasn't exactly terrorized american pitching. but fortunately my two Japs played according to their ratings. my one big bat Jap (who was rated 20 in power) never did seem to blast *that* many out of the park, but they both batted over .300 and whatnot.

i don't know what the deal is with that generic scouting, but it certainly doesn't jive with what my scouts sees sometimes.

It's not just historical leagues.

I started a fictional league and started with the draft. I initially filled out my rotation with nice, young "future aces" and then went and drafted up and coming young stars - at least, according to my scout. After the draft ended, I saw that the standard OOTP scouts thought the majority of the guys stunk. 5 years of simming later, and I realize that the OOTP scouts were dead-on and my personal scout sucked eggs. That was a lot of "fun".
how do you know?

Last edited by CraigSca : 06-23-2008 at 09:32 PM.
CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote