View Single Post
Old 11-23-2023, 12:20 PM   #78
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The First English/Ireland Civil War?, Part One

I have cash of 655 so plenty, and then my men are 5278. But, this is a war for independence, and we cannot grow further in the Isles without moving south into England, and we are each one province away from the Welsh King title and then if we get it, we can claim the Brittania Empire and De Jure war England for anything and then give just one title per generation instead of three, so that’s key, so ideally this War for Independence in England is in Wales and then we would DOW them after war with England solo and wait until the peace is up and DOW them both if they have a massively bad ally I cannot handle on my own. That’s ideal. Otherwise if it’s in England’s Kingdom we could grab it later post freedom. Or if it's mainland France I don’t really care, but dropping them from more than 10k can help me DOW them in the far future. So, since this is a War for Independence, I am staying out. Other Civil Wars I’d join them because I need to keep them as an ally.

So, who are they at war with? Mercia and Normandy. Actually, if I decline I lose 750 prestige, so I join the war.

I raise my armies

15 Jan – I have raised 5242 and send it across the Irish Sea to link up with England where Mercia has 5800 troops.

11 Feb – A Faction has enough strength to rise against me the Catholic Populist Gaelic one.

22 Feb – The faction to replace me with the Duke of Connacht has stopped.

23 Mar – We arrive in south England where the English army is and start chasing the fleeing Mercia army!

5 May – We arrive in Worstershire and begin a siege which should last around 12 months

20 May – Duke Cadwgan II of Gwynedd passes. His son takes over:

Duke Goronwy – 2/11/18/6/8 – prowess of 11, age 25, relations of +20, Brave, Zealous, Callous, background of Fortune Builder

24 May – Duke Goronwy starts an independence faction that his dad pulled out of.

20 Aug – England captures the captial of Mercia called Warwickshire and we have a +19 warscore.

27 Sept – The Catholic Populist Gelic faction against me disbanded!

31 Oct – Happy Halloween! We gained 25 from the Sway Scheme Prince Michael of Alba. We now have +27 relations, next is Duke Goronwy

4 Dec – Our fabricate claim on the Orkney Islands is up, and I can spend 57 to pay it, I do so. Hopefully we’ll be able to bring it in with my next war post this Civil War prior to my death since I won’t rule for long. Our son won’t inherit this claim since it’s unpressed.

14 Dec – England captures the Mercia province of Northamptonshire – we have a +21 warscore

29 Dec – We capture Worstershire and sack 18 cash, capture 4 prisoners and then the warscore rises to +31. Next is Herefordshire next door.

7 Jan, 1144 – One of our artifacts, our House Banner only has 10 years left so I spend 38 cash to repair it. I see the two combined Duchies moving to attack England in Leicestershire so I order my 5k over to help.

3 Feb – We arrive and all armies in this war are here in battle.

25 Feb – I decline a Hunt in Scotland with Duke Lulach II.

1 Mar – We lose and the warscore drops to +15. We have 3403 troops left

9 Apr – Our army finishes fleeing to Eryri, I order them to hold up and wait to rebuild

30 Apr – They recapture Northamptonshire and the war score is now +4

12 May – Uh oh! Our ally King of England William II was Excommunicated!

I begin to negotiate other alliances in case he is taken out or replaced in Civil War.

King Ramon of Aragon – 4.6k troops
Duke Adam of Upper Lothringia – 3562 troops
I could do the Duke of Kent at 3k but he’s in England. I don’t, just Duke Adam and King Ramon

23 May – I start ransoming prisoners for cash

27 Jun - I unlock another Dip Perk - I choose Flexible Truces that gives me Shorter Truces and no prestige hit for breaking them.

2 July - They retake the capital and the warscore drops to -12

27 Aug – England loses a battle to their combined forces and the score drops to -25%

Sway Scheme works on Duke Goronwy which is now +6 and I stick on him

30 Oct – Duke Lulach II joins the Independence Faction. It now has enough to push us

1 Jan, 1145 – It looks like Connacht has DOWd Gwynedd.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote