View Single Post
Old 11-24-2023, 11:42 AM   #81
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

It’s time to Hold Court! I spend 100 prestige:

Petitioner #1 – A Hero of the Frontier
– This is the one with the peasant hero we an reward but which our courtiers don’t want to overcompensate over his birth. I pay him 230 cash as a compensation. I only have 152 left.

Petitioner #2 – Setting the Irish – This is new! My grandson Brangen wants to take the province of Ennis within the Duchy of Munster we started with, take it over as the new Earl of Ennis, and then recolonize it.

What do I want to do? I have three options:

1. Very Well, Your People Can Have It – I lose Ennis, it gets -40 control. It gains the trait “Pleased Peasants” for a massive 50 years, relations with my grandson rise by 30
2. I Know What’s Best for Ennis – Relations drop 20, control -10
3. The Irish People Should Disappear from my Realm – I lose 40 relations with Brangen, lose 60 stress since I am compassionate, control +25, I gain “Unwelcome to other Cultures” trait

I don’t like three. I am about to wage war to give myself the Orkneys, and thus would bring in another place as a direct holding so I would need to hand it away after the war in a few years anyway. And if this were for my poorer Athlone (1.04) or Ossory (1.19) then I’d do it as well as the Isle of Man. But Ennis makes me a massive 2.04 and since it was in Munster I regularly upgraded it to make more and more money and cannot give it away so I choose #2.

Petitioner #3 – Rightful Lands – Duke Murchad of Connacht approached me since he has a claim for the Earldom of Thumond in my Duchy. He wants me to hand it over.

I have three options this time as well:

1. This Injustice Ends Now – He gets the Earl of Thumond. +20 relations
2. You Must Win it by the Sword – We duel, the winner gets it. I lose stress since I am an Aspiring Blademaster.
3. My Claim is Truer - -30 relations, he loses his claim on Thumond.

Our relations are at +100 since I gave him a gift to take him out of a faction. I choose #3 but he may start getting ornery again.

8 May – He begins the faction to replace me with himself again.

22 May – Duke Madog II of Powys joins the independence faction since it’s been five years since he pulled out and it now has enough to push forward. I send him a gift of 150 to make nice and try to pull him out and we have maxed relations

1 July – He pulls out and the faction cannot work on me anymore.

I send my Martial to raise control in Ennis.

9 July – Event – Spiteful Acts – My rival hits me. I spend 150 prestige to gain 75 piety and not respond.

30 July – Inspiration Event – Creative Freedom – My inspired Katarina wants to be kept away from my Antiquarian Iliana who wants to help. I tell her to stick to her duties and lose 10 relations with her.

7 Aug – Mental Break – I have another Mental Break event, what do I want to do to release tension? I choose to Scourge myself, lose 36 stress and am now wounded.

I was successfully treated and lost the wounded trait

29 Sept – I request the Northern Isles claim from Norway from the Pope

30 Sept – We get it and lose 660 piety. This is a pressed claim and my son will inherit it. The Northern Isles includes Orkney next to us.

27 Nov – Inspiration Event – Up Late – We are up late in her quarters and she tries to seduce me. I politely decline.

26 Jan, 1148 – Inspiration Event – Friendly Word – Beatrix and Katarina become friends

27 Mar- Sway on Duke Morgan of Circinn works, we have +39 I stick too him.

17 May – War lost by Norway. I have cash of 216 not enough for war.

19 May – We give birth to a great granddaughter named Sorcha!

26 May – Inspiration Done!!!

Masterwork Book – Franconian Weapons and Combat – I get +7 prowess, +5% Monthly Martial Experience, it lasts for 90 years.

2 June – Control re-established in Ennis. Duke Morgan renews his vows!

15 Jan, 1149 – My Court Jester Boleslaw passes. Anybody good to hire to replace?

Knight Dunlang
– 45 years old, good.

23 Jan – Sway Scheme works on Duke Morgan – relations of +66. I stick on him

2 Feb – I have more than 400 cash at 416. Am I ready for war against Norway? I cannot ally with England, but I could bring in Aragon with 5413 troops if needed. Norway has 965 troops and is losing a war of conquest. I don’t think I’ll need Aragon since we have more and they are distracted. I’ll use Aragon as a backup reserve.

I DOW Norway for the three Northern Isles for prestige of 270.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote